Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Except for getting sick and spreading it to all the other family members, Christmas was pretty good this year. Santa brought a few sensible gifts, like new bath towels. This caused a few near tears to a certain little sweetie (Jocelyn) Corwin got up at 5:30 am and was not keen on going back to sleep. So I decided to get everyone up just after 6 because I was worried that he might go back to sleep, and then we'd have to wait until noon or something for Christmas.

So quick run down:

My entire family now has an Alabama Shirt. Very important. I can't believe it too a title to remind me that they were deprived. And I thought it was an appropriate gift for their Papa to give. My parents also bought our family tickets to a hockey game tomorrow. The kids are so excited!!!!

Corwin refused to open anything and spent most of the time putting Christmas candy into his new toy castle which wasn't wrapped. When we helped him unwrap, he would cry and try to close the gift back up!

Jocelyn had a very boy Christmas. Remote control cars and video games. But that was good to her, No princesses at this house. She did get an MP3 player too.

Drake was surprisingly mellow considering that his first 4 gifts were clothes, towels, underwear and socks. He did get some video games and a remote control car and an MP3 player.

Rebecca got the first taste of creative wrapping by Santa. Lots and lots of duct taped gifts. She got some DS games and clothes. She finally got a Larry Fitzgerald jersey.

Amanda was surprised that Christmas had any good gifts. She knew we are spending big bucks on her Senior Trip to Europe. Her most favorite surprise beside a Coyote Jersey was her class ring. She had left it out where little kids could get it and I rescued it. She didn't ask me about it so I wrapped it up as a gift. She was pleased and annoyed.

I got a new comforter for my bed and new shoes. Plus some Baby Blues Collections. ANd what Christmas would be complete without Mayhem and gore so I got Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz!!! And a Wii game called Boom Blox -- not that I will get to touch the Wii to play it! Of course the 3 hour nap today was awesome too. Darn head cold came on fast and furious and is thankfully exiting in a hurry.

Now Chris had some items on his Amazon list. The biggest being the Lego Millennium Falcon. This is a very non sensible gift and he didn't think he was getting it. However I noticed the box that it came in had the words Millennium Falcon Shipper on the bottom of the box. And I was worried that he had seen it, so of course I had to devise a plan so he would be surprised.

So this story is long, you might need a snack. I'll wait...........................

Okay so last week I noticed that the box was advertising his gift so I decided I should have a dummy box and then the real thing. Not sneaky but kind of fun. So I filled the box with random legos and heavy bags of macaroni and put a book in there for him. I was all pleased and I took the new brown box to my office and hid it. It had the word lego on it, but no mention to the type. So I am thinking I'm AWESOME!

So last Friday, I am running kids up to their mom. I am trying to get out the door and gather bags and phones and my purse, etc. And I kept having to run in and out. I had left the keys dangling out of the car door, I was sure of it but could not find them. Now I had noticed some teenage boys loitering in the street but didn't think too much of it. Searched for keys when I got home for hours. And my mind kept thining, those punk (not as in punk but as in buttheads) kids stole my keys. So Amanda being possessive of her truck decided to hide her truck away from the house in case. SO 10:30 at night we get this loud pounding on the door. It is the Sheriff's department thinking someone had stolen and abandoned the truck. Mentioned my dilemma to the Sheriff and he said that punk kids are stealing cars and wrecking them or trashing in general. SIGH!!!!! He gave us ideas like kill switches and rekeying the car. We decided to go get the club for the 2 cars that live in the driveway in the hopes of deterring them. So far so good but I get up in the night and check. And we had to rekey the house too. That was surprisingly easy. Got a kit from Hone Depot and replaced the pins. Cars though, we are down to one working key per vehicle. Not cool. ANYWAY!!!!!!! The searching for keys brought Chris into my office and I was sure that he saw the big box that said Lego on it. CRAP!!!!!!

So...........................I decided to make yet another dummy gift and hide the actual gift under a HUGE pile of blankets in the cornor of the room. He opened the 2 dummy gifts and his other gifts and I am sure he was thinking that he was supposed to have Legos. He had a look on his face that was definitely confused. So I give him a teeny tiny present with a note in it, and pull out the lego set for him to open. The kids are just laughing because they knew what was up.

Later when we talking, `he said he hadn't noticed the boxes ever and he was genuinely surprised when the big boxes didn't contain any legos. He never associated the boxes with anything specific. He was so clueless because I use the box stamped Millennium Falcon Shipper an the bottom. He didn't NOTICE!!!! I pointed it out to hime later. I could have put a spotlight on the box and it would not have occured to him that there might be writing on the box!!! So I guess I was creative for my own amusement. OH WELL!!!!!

See I told you that you needed a snack. Maybe pictures of our day later, but for now....Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

No comments: